Sometimes something catches your imagination, it tugs on a thread and you have to give in to the temptation and allow some exploration. This happened last night when I reread Tennyson’s ‘The Eagle’. If you’re not following me on Twitter, then please do @SamuelSThorp
Sign Up to the Email List
This will be exclusively for those on the email list so don’t miss out.
Yesterday I was Ordained Priest in the Cathedral of the Holy and Undivided Trinity, Norwich. This morning I celebrated my first Eucharist. My wife gave me this wonderful piece of art to remind me that the Eucharist is never about "me" but about Jesus making himself known to his children. It's been a truly amazing weekend which shall reverberate throughout my life. #ordination #ChurchofEngland #Eucharist #Jesus #blessed
Made a friend on my walk this afternoon while on Retreat preparing to be ordained Priest on Saturday. Any prayers appreciated. #reflecting #remembering #bestfriends #cows #views
Been a while since my last selfie so here y'go.
- Enhypostatic Christology, and the Ethical Implications
- Twenty-Six Gratitudes
- Time is a gift
- What is the Music of the Bible?
- Poetry knows no creed
- The Amorality of Robotic AI and our Human Response
- A Prayer for Universities and Students
- Joy and… judgement?
- The Decline of the Media Bubble
- When Symbolism Flirts: the odd relationship between Christian and Pagan symbols
- The Eagle’s Vision
- Reflecting on Hobbits and Brexit