We come to the second slot of presentations!
Briefly, we had presentations on:
Consuming and responding to the Media:
- Given that Jeremy Corbyn did better than expected, is it fair to say that the power of the media is finally over?
- Heard about the recent terror attacks through social media.
- The Church of England often responds with some kind of prayer
- We watched this:
- and got to share our responses to it.
- The crowd-sourced new media is more honest, it isn’t presented through the spin of the Mainstream Media — a response
We Need to Talk about Al Jazeera …
- Dealing with the situation to do with Qatar
- Is a satellite television station
- Impact of Printing Press
- 2010 — Twitter Revolution, Arab Spring
- Where is God in these things?
- “The Revolution will be Tweeted”
- How do we manage our political bias in how people view us on Twitter?
Positive potential of impact of Media in the Church
- We watched this, and to be honest the passion and enthusiasm was celebrating this video so watch it and see what you think.
Testimony in Social Media
- Luke 8:39
- Matthew 5:16
- Instagram Posts — is it helpful or cheesy?
- What is and isn’t helpful to share?
- What is our intent? To build a presence? Or glorify God?
- Short videos sharing what God has been doing today/recently, the quality of the video is secondary/actually helps with authenticity
- Alpha Testimony — HTB high quality production
- Is it helpful to share testimonies online? Would you and how would you share testimonies on social media yourself.
Reddit and the Church
These were all great presentations!